Treasurer review/Membership review :
- We have approximately $3500 left in our account and have approximately $4400 worth of expenses left that we would classify as standard recurring field trips/grade activities.
- Mr. Connors is going to get a more accurate quote on what the buses cost for 6th grade Christa McAuliffe field trip
- We should send out another reminder for folks to pay their dues to see if we can close the gap.
- The board would like to use all remaining funds in the spirit of being a non-profit and knowing there is always an influx of dues at the beginning of the school year. Mr. Connors had raised the issue – should we leave some money behind for the next principal/PTO board? we should use the funds for kids who’s parent paid to support current activities but we’ll evaluate as we get closer to the end of the year.
- Box tops brought in around $350 this year! Joe will put a simple flier together educating families on what items have the box top logo.
Staff Appreciation Day. – May 11th or 18th – Beth will set up the sign google sign up sheet for parents to donate food. Need to finalize the date.
- MCAS prep and MCAS session for grades 6-8 were conducted ELA in April, 8th grade Science in May
- Spring Open House coming up for parents and students
Technology Session – Dennis Vilano and John Carroll
- Presentation shared with the group on websites to monitor social media, education on software/app’s social media for home. We will post on the blog for families.
- Commonsense media, Smart Social and Social Sentinel – Apple Families also have a new site that helps you use a setting on your devices to manage social media – courses, seminars, and webinars.
- Xfinity allows you to pause the wifi signal to get your families attention
- BPSedtech has a school webpage with helpful education. shows how kids can get certified in cybersecurity and use it in their application for colleges. Also, social media apps that allow you to look at your social media profile and work to build a positive identity.
- Social Sentinel – looks for keywords like suicide and will search Instagram to see if your child is viewing these types of messages
- Seesaw – some lower level grades are using this tool to post kids portfolio online.
- This Fall Dennis’s team will try to start up “Parent’s Night” to educate parents on technology.